This hearty beef casserole is high in iron and fibre and tastes delicious too.
The ingredient of Tomato and balsamic beef casserole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 800g beef chuck steak, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 420g can Heinz Big Red shortened salt-reduced tomato soup
- 2 cups Massel beef accretion
- 1 cup dried puy lentils (see note)
The instruction how to make Tomato and balsamic beef casserole
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based casserole dish on top of higher than medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return beef to pan. accumulate carrots and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until vinegar is condensed abbreviated slightly. Stir in soup and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook lentils according to packet directions. Drain. go to to beef mixture. Season next salt and pepper. work up to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Tomato and balsamic beef casserolecalories: 622.595 calories
fatContent: 22.6 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 6.4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 38.5 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 58.6 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 129 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1115 milligrams sodium