Indo-inspired saucy braised beef and hearty potatoes make this dish a comfort food champ.
The ingredient of Indonesian braised beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 800g beef chuck steak, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dome cumin
- 2 cups chicken accrual
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 roma tomatoes, around chopped
- 550g desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- Steamed SunRice Jasmine Fragrant Rice and blithe coriander leaves, to encouragement
The instruction how to make Indonesian braised beef
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan more than high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- shorten heat to medium-high. amass garlic to pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. build up cumin. Cook for 10 seconds or until fragrant. Return beef to pan. Stir. increase be credited with stock, kecap manis, cinnamon and half the tomato. Bring to the boil. cut heat to low. Simmer, partially covered and stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until tomatoes have collapsed and liquid has reduced.
- amass potatoes and 1 cup Cool water to beef mixture. Cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, for a supplementary new 30 to 45 minutes or until beef is tender, adding new Cool water if sauce becomes too thick. Season.
- utility beef join up later rice and sprinkled following coriander and steadfast tomato.
Nutritions of Indonesian braised beefcalories: 610.167 calories
fatContent: 19 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 6.2 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 54.6 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 51.4 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 127 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1472 milligrams sodium